Friday, November 6, 2009

Grateful things 5 & 6

To think that I would be able to post everyday to keep up with my grateful list was maybe a bit silly of me.

Grateful thing #5
Pants


Wednesday morning we showed up at the Orthopedic office bright and early for Ollie's appointment. They had to x-ray his hip again to see if it was growing like it should. We had to wait for an hour before we could go back to do this and right before they called us back he fell asleep (good timing eh'?). I thought, "Oh man, he's going to freak out when he wakes up looking at strangers in white coats, naked, and under a huge metal x-ray machine. But I laid him down and undressed him and right as I moved away his little eyes popped open. "Here it comes", I thought, but in true Ollie fashion he looked around and then flashed the biggest smile you've ever seen. Everyone in the room went, "AHHHH".
That's my boy!!!
He just giggled the whole time they worked with him. The Dr. said that his hip looks like it's healing up really well. It still has a way to go but he said that we could go to only wearing the brace at bedtime and nap time now. So you know what that means? WE GET TO WEAR PANTS!!! (We'll "we" meaning Ollie...I've always worn pants ;)
I rushed home and got out the adorable pair of cord that he was given for a shower. Ty has matching ones and I was so excited to have him be able to wear them but to my dismay...they didn't fit. The little bugger's to big for them already! It made for a pretty cute picture though. (He couldn't even bend his legs and if you look closely his little spare tire is rolling over the top. Adorable!)
So we found something a little more appropriate to wear.
Then we tried on some shorts.
I love pants!!!

Grateful thing #6
Things that make us giggle


I think laughing is the best feeling in the world. It must release some killer hormones because seriously don't you feel SO great when you get a good laugh?!? Well I'm always happy when I find things that make me laugh and now that I have Ollie anything that makes him laugh automatically make me laugh. Well we found this video on seasamestreet.org (which if you haven't ever checked out it is well worth the time!) Ollie loves this video. We sing along and do a special dance with it and he just giggles and giggles. I'm so grateful for that giggle and anything that inspires it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah for pants! He is so cute and happy. I love that smile. Ross thought for sure I wouldn't play dress up with our boy, but I do. lol. It is fun to buy clothes that look like something Ross would wear or fun character shirts. And Happy 40th Birthday to Sesame Street - isn'tt hat crazy?!

Nicholle said...

We love Sesame street! Cute guy love the too small pants.