So right at this very moment I'm preparing to take a picnic dinner up to Tyler at work unbeknown to him...(okay well obviously not right at this moment because I'm typing...but you know what I mean.)
Poor Ty, he has been working like crazy lately to get everything done by the end of the semester. I hardly see him anymore and when I do, one, or both of us is so tired that we can hardly talk. It's been really getting to me lately and I hate to say it but I've been a bit of a Ms. Grumpy pants about it. This is about how it goes, I start getting grumpy that I'm on my own so much. Then I start getting resentful about it. Then I start to think that it's all grad school's fault which then leads me to think it's Lubbock's fault (obviously...grad school is in Lubbock, right?!) So then I start missing Utah, thinking everything would be all better if we were there...yeah right... THEN...
The little voices in my head say, "Chelsea Shut Up!", and I do.
Well, tonight I started getting that way. I have to admit that I had a little different idea of how Saturday was going to look for us this week. But before my grumpiness moved me back to Utah I thought...wait a second, I can do something about this. So I decided to make a picnic dinner complete with blanket and all and take it to Ty, if he couldn't be here for dinner with me.
So tonight I'm grateful for creativity (and the fact that Utah is to far away to actually go back to in moments of grumpiness! ;)
8 years ago

4 comments:
I love it! The picnic idea is great. And just to make you feel better...Chad and I go through the same thing and Lubbock is our home. One of my favorite quotes is the one about attitude...life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. So much easier said than done :) Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
So cute, wish I could take a picnic to my honey when he's gone. I know how it feels to not have a husband around. I should try harder to not be Mrs. Grumpy Pants either.
YOu are so funny Chelsea. You make me laugh. I bet the picnic was fun. You are so creative. I would have just been grumpy. Well, we can't wait to see you at Christmas.
Oh my, I do the same thing. Utah dream and all.
Post a Comment