Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Cornbread

Yummy, delicious, super fantastic, better than ice cream cornbread. This is my gratitude item for November 4th. It's not actually cornbread I'm grateful for... well yes, actually I am grateful for cornbread. It's probably one of my favorite all time foods and a staple in the Whitby home but the thing that I am grateful for (and posting about) is actually recipes (like cornbread) which take very little skill, are very forgiving, and end up tasting fantastic while making you look like you are a gourmet chef. Last night I made dinner. When I went to make the cornbread I realized that I only had half the sugar that I needed. Instead of scraping the ingredients I had already used (something I would probably have done prior to my missionary days) I simply used brown sugar for the remaining amount. Then I thought as long as I was changing the recipe I might as well add some sour cream to see if it would give it that rich and cake-like texture I love so much. Voila! Oh my golden goodness, it tasted so great!
So today I am grateful for cornbread, food in general and a missionary experience that taught me how not to be afraid of cooking.

2 comments:

Marie Rose said...

a woman after my own heart. i too LOVE cornbread. i just wish i was more of a cook

Anonymous said...

I love cornbread. Seriously... nothing is better than soup and cornbread during the colder months.