Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christian Radio Stations

#17- Several years ago I got really tired of listening to the lyrics of the popular songs on the radio. It was all about bad relationships, anger management issues, and bad habits so I found a Christian radio station and fell in love with it. Now this is much easier to do being in Texas, every other station is Christian. (I have to chuckle at one country station where the slogan is, "this is God's country". I didn't realize God like country music! ;) Anyway, I listen to Christian music in the car and at home and it really soothes my nerves and brings a nice peaceful spirit to my days. I've never been musically talented (this is not a plea for reassurance...it's just the truth) but I do find a lot of joy and happiness through other people's skills and talents in music. In fact, like most people, some of the darkest and most difficult moments of my life have been shattered by the light that came from a certain music and lyrics that I needed at just that moment, to lift me up. For example, shortly after loosing our little Rebbeca Ann I heard the song "Held" by Natalie Grant on one of the Christian stations and I had to pull off the road because I was crying so hard. The message spoke right to my heart and I felt my Heavenly Father's love so much at that moment. It was one of those tender mercies I was in desperate need of at the time. Another one was the song "Whatever You're Doing" by Sanctus Real. (All songs have been linked to the corresponding Youtube video for your viewing pleasure ;)

A song that has become one of my favorites is the hymn "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" I lifted me in particularly difficult moment on my mission to Estonia. This is my favorite rendition of it. I thought some of you might enjoy it. It's beautiful!!

1 comment:

Nicholle said...

have you heard of the Mormon radio station: radio.lds.org. It's got some awesome podcasts too. "I Know My Redeemer Lives" helped me through a hard time too.