My 19th and 20th things to be thankful for stem from a little bit of a rough day today. I think we are coming down with another cold at our house. I am still not used to being sick and being a mommy at the same time. I have to say it's sometimes difficult for me to not get resentful at the fact that I am no longer able to be sick because I have a little one to take care of. As Ty can attest to, when I get sick I want to be loved and cared for... well, pampered really. I like back rubs and long, luxurious, hot soaks in the tub...Not that knowing this would have changed my mind about having a baby but I didn't realize that little ones won't rub your back and make you hot chocolate when you have the sniffles. ;) All this being said I am grateful for hope. Hope not only in the fact that we won't be poor grad students forever with a crazy busy husband and a little bitty baby one to take care of, but also hope in a Savior and a loving Heavenly Father that I can cry to when I am so tired that my fingernails ache. Hope is a good thing isn't it ?!
And #20, I'm grateful for days when I'm not sick, tired, and all around yucky feeling...today was not one of those days but I am grateful for them none-the-less.
8 years ago

2 comments:
Being sick when you are a mom takes on a whole new meaning huh? But it gave me a whole new appreciation for my mom and all she did for me and my siblings. I hope you get feeling better soon!
Oh feel better soon. It is hard being sick when there are others to take care of. I haven't decided if it's easier being sick when they are well or when they are sick too.
Post a Comment