Ty was the most fantastic coach in the entire world. He hardly left my side the entire time and knew just what I needed before I did. I very literally couldn't have dealt with it without him and watching him made me love him even more. He's going to be the best daddy in the whole world. He already has a way with Oliver and can calm him down like a pro.
Little Oliver was not quite so little actually, weighing in at 8 lbs 14 oz. I guess those couple extra weeks past my due date really made the difference for him. There is a slight problem with his hip because of the position he was in inside of me. I guess it caused his hip socket and the ball of his hip to disjoint and they haven't fused back together yet. Because of this he has to wear a brace pretty much all the time in order to encourage the hip to fuse the way it's supposed to. Mom is having a much harder time with this than baby is. They assure me that it's not painful just awkward and so I am grateful for that! We will visit with the orthopedic doctor next week to get more details about it. With all the difficulties of this pregnancy and labor we are super pleased that everything has turned out as well as it did. We're both a bit overwhelmed and are still running on fumes from not sleeping for almost three days but luckily Oli is a good sleeper so far and so we are able to play catch up too.
Here are some pictures of our little wonder baby. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
First Bath At Home
Oli In His Little Brace This Is His Favorite Position To Sleep In
Daddy Changing His First Diaper and Giving His First Bath

13 comments:
Congrats! Big babies are good ;) He is adorable. I am glad he is a good sleepr for you! Sorry that you had a long and not so fun labor - but he is here and healthy and that is all that natters right now right?! ;) I can't wai to see more pics!
P.S. LOVE the name - that was one of them on my list too ;)
YEAH!!!! Can you believe he's here!! Oh you'll love it, once you get over the whole sleep deprivation thing! He's adorable!! I can't wait to meet him in person.
Congratulations! There's nothing like bringing one of these little miracles into the world! He is a cutie!
hoooray he's here. Oliver is a super cute name. I love it. He's very very cute. He looks huge in some of the pictures. I hope the labor went well for you and you can let me know any tricks that helped. Well, I'm sorry about his little hip but I'm glad it's not something worse. I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to see him!!!
congrats! I'm so happy for you. You are going to be a great mommy. What a cute name. Keep the pictures coming.
Oh he's a cutie. We're so glad he's here for you to love and enjoy. We're glad everything is going well. Congratulations!!!
Congratulations. We are excited and happy for you.
HE'S SO CUTE! Totally a Whitby! Congrats to you both, mom and dad!
You are such a trooper! He looks so beautiful. I'm so happy for your little family.
What a cutie- I'm glad he finally decided to make his arrival-40 hrs no fun but I'm glad everything is good.
Oh wow, you made it!! He's a BEAUTIFUL baby. I'm happy for you.
CONGRATS! Oliver is the cutest little thing. I can definitely see Tyler in him. We had the August birthday dinner at Grandma's yesterday and we brought up our laptop so everyone could see the pictures you posted. He truly is a handsome boy. Good work you two. We really miss you guys.
Post a Comment