Friday, July 10, 2009

Kitty Sences

So there are all sorts of myths about cats having a sixth sense and being able to see ghosts, etc... I've always thought is was sort of funny how obsessive people get over their animals and how much we want to personify them. Well I'm now a believer! I think that cats (my cat at least) has some sort of sixth sense going on that I am not a part of because he is acting CRAZY!!! Well...let me clarify, Noah has always been a little touched. We think that he suffers from massive childhood trauma which comes from his deep seeded abandonment issues but aside from that, he typically falls into a somewhat normals pattern of behavior ("normal" for him anyway). But lately he's gone nutso! He's become super snugly to the point where he climbs into bed with me at least three times a night, flops over on his back and demands that I scratch his belly. Within minuets he's asleep in my arms like an infant and he stays there for hours sometimes. He has totally changed his sleeping patterns and regular spots where he rests. If he can't be touching one of us at all times or at least in sight of us he freaks out big time, and he meows like someone is trying to kill him whenever anyone barely looks at him.


We think he definitely knows that there are changes on the way. He's staked out several spots in the baby's room already. He used to get angry that he couldn't fit on my lap anymore but now he doesn't care, he just climbs up on top of my baby lump and sits right down as if to say, "this is my spot!" I think this little kitty is in for some big changes soon. He's pretty much our baby, which is really humiliating to admit but entirely true. I may need to do some reading on sibling anxiety issues because when our little guy finally does come Noah is either going to go postal or slip into a massive depression...either way my poor kitty is loosing it big time!
Here are some of his new, more unusual resting spots for your enjoyment.


In the desk drawer

The inside of a toilet paper package

(He goes here whenever he is feeling lonely or threatened, it's like his security blanket!)
On top of the baby blankets I had on the couch in the baby's room

5 comments:

Holly said...

Our kitties love the toilet paper packages too! Our Othello used to like to chew on the toilet paper too...
I think kitties can sense all that stuff. I think we put off different hormones/smells/pheromones in anticipation of change and they can pick up on those. Our boys always seem to know when we're going away. They get really needy and whiny.
Hopefully Noah is picking up on something and you'll have your sweet baby to hold soon.

Katie said...

I LOVE NOAH! People say cats have no personality but they are sadly mistaken. Reeses definitely makes her opinion known in my house! I've got to meet this little guy!

Nicholle said...

Poor Noah, maybe he can talk to Harmony about getting a new sibling.

Marie Rose said...

that is hilarious but it's totally true. my little dog is acting the same way. That's funny. She usually never wants me to smother her with hugs and kisses (which I do anyway) but now she's like always jumping up on me begging for attention...I'm with ya. Pets have a 6th sense.

Shaun and Emily said...

I love to hear about your kitty and see the cute pictures. It so fun how each pet can have such a unique personality