Sunday, July 19, 2009

Author of the Week

It occurs to me that it's been some time since I've done a post on a good book or author. I've been reading like crazy lately, mostly the Newberry and Caldacott award books, but I've recently developed a new love (more like an obsession) with a particular author who may just be the most cleaver and witty person in the entire world. His name is Mo Williems and here's my plug for him. If you haven't read anything by Mo (yes, we are on a first name basis now) it's a must!! His books include the Knuffle Bunny series, the Pigeon series, and now his latest masterpieces the Piggy and Elephant books. My good friend and fellow children's book conesuer described Mo's works brilliantly when she said that, "any person who can take 15 words for emergent readers and turn it into a story with a plot and humor enough to entertain an adult is a genius!" I would have to agree.
To say that I ADORE this man and his writings would be an understatement I think. I personally laugh aloud (really hard) when I read his books. I LOVE reading them to kids of all ages because they are so charming and ubber funny!!! If you have a child whom you want to get a good book for OR if you just need a pick me up, I highly recommend anything Mo Williems...in fact, it's been a long day, I might just go soak in a warm bath and indulge myself in a moment of pure joy with "Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!"

2 comments:

10zfam said...

ok, where's this baby? weren't you due on the 14th/

Shaun and Emily said...

I do like him too. I have to say that the Pigeon has feelings (I think that is what it is called) got a little to dramatic to read to Alexis when she was a little younger she was picking up whining, yelling, etc. from it. I will definetly look for some at the library. Thanks for the cool author tip. We go to the library and get 15 books a week, so I'm always looking for new good books. I really like "Fergus" by David Shannon.