Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Greek Whitbys

There is only so much one can do in 100 degree weather. As much as I'd like to go into labor I'd like to do it without having heat stroke at the same time, so I've been trying to keep myself busy indoors while staying out of Tyler's way while he works from home this summer. (The more work time he gets during the day means the more play time he gets in the evening with me.) So I've taken up cooking lately. After my sister-in-law made us a fantastic Greek salad the other day we were inspired to do anything Greek. We turned our kitchen into a "Greek Haven" for several days while I experimented with pita bread, Tzatzik sauce, and all things Oregano. This was what I came up with. It actually turned out pretty fantastic if I do say so myself. I'm pretty sure that I must have some sort of Greek ancestry in my blood. ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE cooking foods from different cultures. It is so fun. I really think there is something therapeutic about creating something new in the kitchen. Good stuff.

Hope you have the baby soon.

- Sarah

Shaun and Emily said...

Looks fabulous! I should get more domestic and try some differen't cooking recipes. I was telling Shaun about your Bingo town. We were laughing about it. I imagine it is quite hot there. We are getting a taste of the humidity here. Luckily this week hasn't been as bad and Alexis and I actually went out tonight for a little walk.

Anonymous said...

Can I come over for dinner? It looks so good. Greek food is so good and you feel healthy eating it. Our family is really hoping your baby coming before Saturday. We are crossing our fingers for you.

Nicholle said...

Looks super yummy, wish I had more adventurous family members...

Megan said...

Long time, no see! I am so happy you left a comment on my blog and now I know you have one too! Congrats on the baby - I hope for your sake you don't go past due - it happened with both of mine and I just wanted it to end. LOL. And your food looks yummy! I heart Greek food. Ross and I make food from other cultures a lot - it is so much fun. Any who, keep in touch!

The Wilson Family said...

You are funny! I am quite impressed with your skills next time you are up are should have a Hutchiby cook off!! Wouldn't that be fun?! I definately think so. Well I can't wait to see what this little one looks like. How close are you? Also, I think I lost your address and would like it again if I can. marciaranae@hotmail.com