Saturday, October 4, 2008

"Project Kitty" Was Successful!!!

We did it! We got ourselves a kitty, in fact right now as I type he's whacking my left hand off the keys because he just can't understand why I would not want to be with him all the time. He doesn't have a name yet...we were thinking about "spazoid" but I don't want to give him a complex. He is all kitty though. He is 9 weeks old and was brought to the animal shelter right after birth so he's only known a little cage up until this point. Needless to say it's been pretty freaked out. He spent hours last night just running back and forth in our living room and on our furniture. He loves to climb onto the back corner of our couch and last night he ran, took a flying leap to the edge...and missed! I think it hurt his pride more than anything else because he didn't come out from behind the china cabinat for some time after that.

I picked out this kitty because out of all the kitty's I held he was the only one that just went limp in my hand and let me love on him all I wanted. His playful side is starting to come out but he is really calm and just wants to snuggle a lot! He follows us around and cry's whenever we talk, I think he's mimicking us. He also licks our toes when he needs something. So far we haven't had any potty accidents but he periodically forgets to eat unless I remind him. Last night he was crying a bit and so we let him sleep with us. As soon as we layed him in between us he stopped crying, snuggled right into Ty's armpit, began to purr, and fell asleep for most of the night. He sounds like a car engine when he purrs. He's SOOO loud. Ty likes him much more than I thought he would and I think he's in love just as much as I am.

Enjoy the pictures!

 
Posted by Picasa




7 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of being a kitty momma... :)
Come up with a name yet? (Jack is cute)
He's cute - I wish you were close so I could come play with him.

Shaun and Emily said...

I must confess i'm a bit jealous of your kitty. He is so darling! Alexis begs me daily to get her one. It is by far her favorite animal. For now we'll have to be happy with our puppet "snowball" a white furry fake kitty! As for a name I think he looks like a "Tigre" pronounced Tee-gray(is that spanish?)I laugh at myself for my lack of foreign language skills! I love the photos of him!

Daniel and Kelsie Frandsen said...

I have to say i'm not a huge fan of cats especially the ones in our neighbor hood cause they like to take care of business in my grass and garage not in the dirt which is where you would think they would go!! But its no good cause then my puppy tries to eat it!! CAN'T have that!! But I do have to say kitty's are cute, its when they get big that I don't care for them so much!! Good luck with the new little guy its so much fun having a pet!! I'm so happy with our little max!!

Nicholle said...

Pretty cute. Glad he licks your toes and doesn't bite them, and cuddles and doesn't claw. I'll show the boys the pictures and I'm sure they'd love to help think of names.

Marie Rose said...

he is very cute. I totally am trying to convince Les to let us get a cat so that Dixie has someone to play with. congrats!

Katie said...

My mother has 14 cats and if it wasn't for them, I don't think she'd be here. Cats have such fun personalities and most just want to be loved. I'm so excited for you! You can always call him Shelton since you found him at the shelter. Just a thought!

The Wilson Family said...

Yeah Chelsea!! You'll love it. How did you get your landlord to let you have one? Oh it doesn't matter you got one!! YEAH!!!