Monday, September 29, 2008

I want a kitty!

There's a lot of strays around our complex and one just had a litter a couple of houses down. The other day when we came home one night the two little twin black kittys were on our porch and so I played with them until about 2:00 am. When we went to bed they were crying outside. Eventually it stopped but we could hear some noise we thought was them outside. Ty had a hard time sleeping because of it. In the morning when we woke up we were just laying in bed talking and we started to hear the noises again but it seemed like it was coming from inside now. When I got up to investigate I found the two little kitty's behind our dresser playing with the cords to our radio. We were late to church that morning because we were trying to get them out of our house. It turns out they climbed through our dryer vent (which is not is use at the moment) and slept the whole night in our bedroom with us. Since then I've been in love. Periodically when I am having a rough day, I go over and kidnap one or two of them and sneak them in the house (because pets aren't allowed) to play with for a while. It feels so good to hold something that little and sweet. In a very small way, they fill my empty arms and heart for the little time I can get with them.


3 comments:

Holly said...

They are ADORABLE. And I think filling empty arms with kittens is a good thing...look at us. Winston and Frank are my babies. If you can't keep one for good, I'm glad you at least get to 'adopt' one (or two) from time to time.

Nicholle said...

Ohh, cute kitties. I had the best cat when I was younger, she wasn't crazy like my sisters cat.

(My mom also got a great cat after her miscarriage, too bad pets aren't allowed in your apartment)

Marie Rose said...

That little tan one is stinking cute! I think having a pet is a great idea. They give you so much love and affection...especially cats (dogs are iffy, my little dog hates to cuddle and it makes me sad)