So last week Ryan, Mira, and the kids gathered up their courage and did what they didn't think they could do. They let Spike the horny toad go. For those of you who didn't have the chance to know Spike you surly missed out. He was a good horny toad. He never complained or caused any trouble. He just ate his ants quietly and didn't bother anyone. It was a hard decision I'm sure, but after all was said and done, Ryan just decided that special ordering ants on the internet every week for Spike to eat was too much. Here are some pictures of the teary farewell. The kids and Mira were brave but I think I saw a tear in Ryan's eyes as Spike scurried off into the sunset.
Farewell Spike. You will be missed!


Spike's last goodbye

The sunset
5 comments:
Beautiful sunset of the farewell! Happy birthday Chelsea!
Oh how sad i know they loved that frog so much poor kids i hope they can survive with out him ;-)
Sounds like a snake I once heard of...
chelsea, this is kariann urry tensmeyer. how are you? i'm glad i found you. let me know your email address and i'll send you an invite to my blog.
That was a wonderful ode to the toad!! HEHE
Post a Comment