Actually, I'm not a huge food fan. My idea of a perfect heaven is one in which we don't have to eat and sleep (wastes too much time)! But yesterday lunch made for a really great day. In truth it wasn't the food that made the difference, it was the company. I went to lunch with four ladies I'd never met before. We are from all different walks of life but we each have one thing in common. We've all lost a child. We were connected through a support group Tyler and I have been attending. We sat and talked for almost three hours. It felt so good to talk to these women. I realized that it was the first time since the miscarriage that I've been able to sit and talk with peers about what I'm experiencing without feeling bad or feeling like I was making someone feel awkward. I knew that I could talk for as long as I wanted to because there was no time constraint. We each talked and listened to each other and cried together. I think it was the first time I've cried about it in front of someone that isn't Tyler or a professional and it felt so good to just let down and not pretend for a minute.
None of them stopped me or tried to change the subject. They didn't tell me it would be okay or try and make me feel better because they know they can't promise me that. No one felt like they had to fix anything or change the subject to "happier things" because we all needed to talk about it. It was so healing to be able to hurt openly and be validated while doing it. I hate that these women have to hurt in the same way that I am hurting but I'm grateful we could take a few hours on a Friday afternoon to do it together. I think God must have know that having that time together with them would make the alone time more bearable for me.
8 years ago

6 comments:
what a neat experience for you goint to lunch with these ladies. sorry about the miscarriage, i had no idea. i hope you feel better. love ya
That's awesome that you could find that.
I'm so glad you were able to do lunch and connect. I continue to keep you in my prayers and thoughts. I thought of our earlier conversation today during church while we read our lesson and then later as I read next week's lesson. I love the words of the Prophet Joseph. Thankyou for your inspiring words as well. I value our friendship.
That is just great you have found others to talk to about the miscarriage. I hope you are doing well. We all miss you guys back home. Dean and Judy came over yesterday and we all had a good sunday chat. We miss you!!
Natalie Hutchison
I loved the family photo. You're right, no one knows what you're going through than those who have gone through it themselves. I hope that you can find the peace you're looking for. I heard a great comment by a neighbor, he said often times when it can't get any worse, you know it's going to get better. We miss you!
Thats neat chels i'm glad that you got to do that!!
Post a Comment