So it's taken me forever and I've changed my mind about a dozen times but I've finally decided to apply for graduate school. Although I was planning on being "otherwise engaged" come January, I'm forging ahead and applying for school. A part of me hopes that I apply and then am so dead with morning sickness that I can't possibly attend but in case wishes don't come true in this case I figure I better have a plan B. (I never thought I'd be envious of morning sickness but I would give anything to be throwing up with it right now!)
Anyhow...I am applying to the Master's of Language and Literacy Education program. Why am I doing this and not Woman's Studies, as was planned, you may ask? It's a long story but it seems this is where I should be for now. It's taken me several months and more than one conversation with Tyler and my grief counselor to get me to actually write the letter of intent but I just finished it and I feel like I just moved a mountain or something grand like that...it was so hard to do! I think it was hard because even though this is a good second choice (first being to have a baby) and I'm super interested and invested in the topic...it's still a second choice. "Choice" is maybe a bad word...after all a "choice" seems to connote that you had some role in making the decision to do one thing over the other and really I had no "choice" in not having a baby. "Forced option" is maybe a better set of words...a good and worthy forced option, but forced none the less and for those of you who know me well...I hate to feel forced into doing things! Oh well...here's to graduate school.
8 years ago

4 comments:
graduate school will be a great thing congrats!!
Love the name Noah by-the-way. Enoch was almost Noah, but Enoch fits him. Good luck with Graduate school, hope it goes well for you.
Congrats! You'll be amazing in whatever subject you decide! Good Luck!
Congratulations! That's awesome!
Post a Comment