Well I was happy that she was happy but not really in the mood to be happy myself...you know what I mean? It has just been one of those days. The pressures and stress of...well...everything, just seemed to get to me today and it seemed too much at a point. I ended up crying a couple times and now am wishing that I hadn't because I have a massive tear headache lurking somewhere behind the Tylenol that I just took. So when I read her post my first thoughts were, "Oh, that's nice. Maybe someone else will be in the mood to count their blessings and I can read about it tomorrow on their blogs." But then I quickly checked myself and thought (with a little helpful reminder from my wonderful mother) I too can be a grateful person. So I looked around and found these things to make me smile too:
- The way
Oliver curls his feet into me with his whole body when he's nursing to sleep as though he's trying to get back into my tummy. - Taking a nap with
Oliver on one side and Noah on the other. - Clean...anything (clothing, floors, diapers --take you pick. If it's clean, I'll smile at it!)
- The faces
Oliver made today while I tried to spoon feed him pureed lentils. (Not one of his favorite dishes. He ate them but not until he gave me a look like I had just fed him drain-o) - Clean white lines painted on our newly finished apartment parking lot because that means I can soon say goodbye to loud construction equipment and long frustrating walks across the complex to my car on the other side.
And last but not least. This marvelous little contraption we get to try out very soon:
I feel refreshed. So I'll ask you the same thing my friend did, what's making you smile today?

No comments:
Post a Comment