
I know that most of us are coming down from our Twilight high so I thought it might be helpful to suggest what one of my good friends calls a "Twilight detox" in the form of Shannon Hale's books. This woman is my new favorite author. Her books are probably the most wonderful things I've ever read in my life. Shannon is a seriously fantastic writer. If you are looking for something fun to read or trying to find a good book to read aloud to your children, I would highly recommend Goose Girl or Princess Academy!!! Read them, love them, tell me what you think about them.
(***Warning: Shannon Hale's female characters are no Bellas, but maybe that's a good thing!)

4 comments:
I am totally going to read those books!! They look so fun to read!! I also sent you a post on needing support so I hope you can read it.
Are they good for boys?
I think boys would LOVE these books!!! There is lots of magic and some battle scenes (very mild ones). The main character in Goose Girl and Enna Burning (the sequel) are girls but the third one River of Secrets has a male main character. All three in the series however have lots of both male and female characters. It's very magical and mysterious and there are lots of animals and such. I think your boys especially would like them. Princess Academy is a little more girlie I guess but she's a tough girl and there are lots of bad guys and suspense.
ugh...I'm still trying to get through the 3rd twilight book i know i know i'm so slow!!
Post a Comment