So this morning Oliver was wanting to do everything that he couldn't do. Daddy was doing dishes and he wanted to play in the sink water. I was making the bed and he wanted to lay in it. Lately he obsesses on things he wants to do and we have to go through a routine of asking him something like, "How many times do you get to wash your hands?"
"One," he replies.
Sometimes when we ask him a question other than this he still answers "One" because we do this little ritual so much. Well this morning he was asking for all sorts of activities that were just not possible to do at that moment. I was feeling like a bit of a meany because I had to say "no" so many times. He's been a bit upset and whiny lately because of little brother anxiety. So when he asked to do bubbles I had to let him. The funny thing is, when we do bubbles the cat plays to. As soon as he hears me blowing the cat comes running from wherever he is in the house and Oliver can't start playing until "Kuh-Kuh" is there. Well the bubbles where everywhere and I was trying to point them out to Oliver so he could step on them and pop them. The Cat was lounging in the middle of the floor of bubbles when, pointing to the bubbles, I said to Oliver, "Step on it!" Well he looked at me funny and then turned and stepped as hard as he could on the cat. Oops.
I'm sure after all the times we've told him not to hit\step on\ pinch\kick the cat he was thinking, "What is she telling me to step on him for?" But I couldn't get mad at him could I? I did, after all, tell him to "Step on it".
Poor "Kuh-Kuh", next time I will try to be more specific.
8 years ago

2 comments:
Oh Chelsea!!! Your little baby is adorable! We miss you dearly. I LOVE your step on story, love it, love it, love it! Poor Noah =). Oliver is so big, Wow! I hope all is going well with the adjustment to big brotherhood, but like you said, all the more Grandma/pa time =). We love you, miss you and wish you the best with everything!
Oh that's funny.
Post a Comment