Monday, April 18, 2011

Leading by Example

Ty has officially become the one who puts O down for bed. They have their own little routine where they read stories together, sing some songs, and then Oliver lays in his crib while daddy lies on the floor next to him and usually sings a couple more songs while O drifts off. Since baby has come O has begun having a little bit harder time falling to sleep. (He's having a harder time doing pretty much everything, truth be told. We're experiencing a little bit of baby brother anxiety at our home right now. ;) So going to bed takes a little bit longer that it used to and sometimes there are a few tears before the drifting to sleep thing happens. Every night goes something like this:

  • Jammies and teeth brushing
  • Family song and prayer
  • Ty and O go upstairs together and read stories\sing songs\chat about man stuff for a bit
  • Ty puts O in the crib and lays down next to him
  • An hour later (after O is good and asleep) I go up to wake Ty up and bring him back downstairs
Tonight I was laughing at Ty as he sleepily walked downstairs and laid down on the couch. While teasing him about this new habit of his he told me, "I'm leading by example".

Ahhhhh...is that what this is called? Fantastic! How did I ever get so lucky as to find such a great guy? I love you Ty!

This is Ty "Leading by example" with Sawyer.
It's never to young to start!

2 comments:

The Wilson Family said...

Olivers bed time routine sounds just like Brennen's did! I would always go in his room to my husband off the floor!! It's hard to adjust for these little guys from being just one to now be two and have to share your parents time... Hooray for dads right?

Megan said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations! I love his name and he is just adorable. I am so glad you had a great birthing experience as well. The adjustment to 2 was hard at first, but wait till they get older. Nothing makes my heart melt more than watching my kids play together, hug and look out for each other. Have so much fun!