I have nothing even close to a good voice. I enjoy singing in large congregational type groups and privately, to myself in the car, and to my children. I've sung to O since the day he was born. We sing alot in our house. I find myself making up songs lately about random things to get him to eat\sleep\not cry\ or whatever else I would like to see happen. It's rather effective I find. Lately he asks me to sing about specific things. If I don't know a song that goes with it I create one (most of the time they are pretty lame but he doesn't seem to mind).
Trucks are our obsession right now. He LOVES them. He sleeps with them. He only wears clothes with trucks on them...this is unfortunate because we only own a couple of shirts with trucks. I found this song (http://freesongsforkids.com/audios/toot-toot-beep-beep) about trucks online and I just change the lyrics to put in whatever type of truck he wants me to sing about. He knows quite a few trucks by name. Cement truck, tow truck, crane trucks, dozers, big trucks, papa trucks (papa trucks are any red pick-up trucks be cause his grandpa has a red pick-up truck he lets O sit in and pretend to drive). Today O was telling me, "sing cement truck" and "sing big truck" when he stopped, looked at me seriously, and said, "sing broken tow truck". Hmmm... well I didn't bother him with the detail that "broken tow truck" is far to many syllables to fit easily into this song. With a little awkwardness I managed to make, what I thought was a very successful attempt at singing about his "broken tow truck". He enjoyed it thoroughly and has been asking for this rendition ever since.
8 years ago

2 comments:
What a fun Mommy you are. I noticed Noah has been replaced. How does he feel about that?
That is really cute. I read your last few posts. You have such great mommy ideas! I like the "how many times can you..." question. I think it might be useful with Alexis. I'm always asking "Is that something that is ok to do?" or "Is that a good choice?" I love the bubble cat story. Poor kitty! What a good minder for mom! So cute!
Post a Comment