My grandma Dunn taught me to crochet when I was little. Actually it was not as much as she taught me one time as it was multiple times over my childhood and youth. My grandma and I were a lot alike in a lot of ways and sometimes (okay...lets be honest here) most of the time this made us really but heads. I got in some pretty good scuffles with my grandma. We are both strong willed, opinionated, and passionate. I find that these qualities are some of the things that I like most about myself. In the right situations they become incredible blessings and strengths, in the wrong situations they are my downfall. Now that she is gone, I see much of my time with my grandma as serving to teach me how to control these characteristics. I'm grateful to her for that and many many other things.
So she taught me lots of things now that I think of it and crocheting is one of the things I love the most. It's been a huge source of comfort to me. I find the repetitiveness of it soothing and it calms me down when I'm stressed out. I crocheted a lot after we lost Rebecca Ann. I started an afghan for her when I found out we were pregnant and I finished it a year later when I was finally able to come to terms with our loss. Now that we have Oliver I find all sorts of joy in in crocheting things for him to wear. Hats are my new obsession (probably because he lacks the muscle control to pull them off still).My "supposed to be a monkey but looks more like a bear" hat
I think he was Blitzen in this photo

4 comments:
Way cute stuff! Maybe one day I'll learn how to crochet...or maybe I'll just let you make cute things for my kids.
SOOO cute. feel free to make little Eden a hat. I'm VERY impressed. Those hats rock...way to go Chelsea. I wish I knew how to crochet....bravo!
Wow! Those are so cute! I'm impressed.
Okay so I might have to stop reading your blog because you make everyone look bad with your awesome craftiness. Those hats are so dang cute - all of them!
Post a Comment