Wednesday, October 21, 2009

HE'S BACK!!!


NOAH CAME HOME!!!
I can't believe it (partly because I'm so happy and partly because I'm pretty delirious with sleeplessness from listening to him meow all night.) Right at this moment he is laying across my arms as I type, purring loudly and demanding all the love and attention I can give.
He showed up last night around 1:30pm meowing outside our living room window. Ty ran out and got him and when he brought him back in we had a little celebration. (I'm sure he must have seen the posters we put up for him and realized he was missing.) He even woke Oliver up with his relentless meowing. He had to walk the whole house and rub his little furry body all over everything before he could settle down. The rest of the night he spent either beside or on top of Tyler and I purring, kneading his little paws, and trying to give us about a million wet kitty kisses. Oliver seemed to wake up more than usual last night too and so between the two of them I got very little sleep...but I don't care, MY NOAH IS HOME!!!
It must seem silly to people that I would get so emotional over a cat but this is no ordinary cat. Noah came to us shortly after we lost our first baby. I was a wreck and after being abandoned at birth, he wasn't in such great shape himself. We really needed each other. He helped Ty and I to smile and laugh when there didn't seem to be much to laugh about. He also was small and cuddly and so very dependent on me which helped fill my empty arms and the whole in my heart. I am so happy he's come back to us. You better believe he's gonna get one killer can of tuna for a homecoming present today!!!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

So glad you got Noah back. That is great.

Nicholle said...

We are so happy that he's back.

Katie said...

I feel the EXACT way about my girls! I've been checking your blog praying for good news and alas-he's home! I'm so happy for y'all! Word of advice, NEVER open a window even with a screen when you have a cat-they are determined to go out!

Holly said...

I'm so glad he came home! They say animals know where their home is and this is proof!!!
Give him a kitty love from me.

Shaun and Emily said...

I'm so glad!!!!!!!