Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ah...poop

Oliver decided, during nap time yesterday, that he would attempt to change his own diaper. Bless his little soul. I found him sitting in the corner of his crib, poop strewn all across his sheet and pillow (not to mention mashed all over two lovely library books) saying, "gross" over and over again. We had to immediatly throw little boy in the tub, strip down the bed, and do some serious sterilization on a dump and a tow truck which got more than they bargained for when they started nap time. (We also had to throw away "Freight Train" by Donald Crew which is unfortunate because it was charming book I highly recommend. We had far too little time with it.)
As I had a baby strapped to me Ty got the honor of doing the dirty work. I found the whole thing completely amusing however it occurred to me that it would not have been half as funny if Ty hadn't have been there to help me.
Note to self: No longer allow nap time to take place in only a diaper...no mater how warm his bedroom is.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Although it was completely gross, he was just trying to help y'all out by taking the initiative. It may have back fire dramatically but his intentions were genuine. Oh I do love my Oliver! Hats off to the hero of the day-Ty!;)

Nicholle said...

I still say "blech".

Megan said...

I have yet to have this happen with either of my kids (knock on wood), but I have heard this from so many other moms that it makes me nervous. Just today when Evan went down for a nap I wanted to strip him down so he wouldn't be hot and I reconsidered for this very reason. No fun at all!