So, this is sort of funny but when I went to post this post all it posted was the one below that says "Help!!!" I had a friend call me right after, a bit worried and I wondered why. Guess that explains it. So this is the post that I meant to put up. Sorry for the worry and confusion.
I guess I'm officially on bed rest now. For about two weeks I've been feeling contractions that were (what I thought to be) a bit more than just Braxton Hicks. I went into a Dr. and she said that I was about 50% effaced but not dilated. She told me to take it easy. A sort of "modified bed rest" she called it. I went home and tried to take it more easy than I usually do but the contractions continued. I went in on Wednesday to see my OB and he said that I was then 80% effaced (still no dilation) but that he wanted to monitor my contractions. After doing so he sent us up to labor and delivery for more monitoring. Turns out that I am contracting more than normal at this stage of the game.
At first I thought "bed rest" didn't sound so bad but after about two days of it I am going crazy!!! I have about a million projects that I'm always saying "when I have time, I'll work on that" but it occurs to me that "free time projects" are only fun when you have just that, "free time"! When all your time is free time you just feel like a free loader and a lump! Not to mention all my nesting desires are just barely kicking in and all I can see are all the dusty floor boards and the closets that just "have to be" cleaned out before the baby comes. But I can't even load the laundry machine without contractions flaring up and taking over. I think the worst part is knowing that all the things that I don't do Tyler has to. It's not enough that he is working two jobs and just barely finished an incredibly hard semester of graduate school...now he has 100% full responsibility for the me and the house!
Well as long as I have to, I am determined to make the best of my extensive "free time" that I've been so generously blessed with. I am reading and writing like crazy, crocheting the baby an afghan, writing my grandmothers life story, catching up on my journal, and ordering the rest of the baby supplies that we need on Wal-mart.com (thanks to all the wonderful people that gave us gift cards...what an ingenious invention). I am also going to try and catch up on all the things that we've been up to here in Lubbock by way of blogging so you may get an influx of pictures about things that you really don't care about all that much! Bed rest, what a blessed word that is!
8 years ago

5 comments:
Bed rest would drive me crazy too, I watched my Mom do it twice. We're up for a game night, you can do that on bed rest right?
oh man i would go insane. take care of yourself though.
When you get really bored or you see the unfinished cleaning, just concentrate on the baby and how much you want him to be able to come to you healthy. I didn't get to have anything ready when Raina came. We didn't have any clothes or diapers. I hadn't done any cleaning at all. And do you know what? It was ok. The cleaning got done eventually - and it isn't like the baby notices anyway. Just remember how important it is for that baby for him to stay where he is as long as possible. Also remember, if he decides to come a bit early, even with the rest, it will be ok. Raina was 8 weeks early and is completely fine now - however, I wouldn't recommend it if you can do anything to prevent it.
oh that sucks you are on best rest. that is no fun but if it keeps the baby in...you better stay in bed. I hope you can get everything done that you need to and i hope you are feeling good.
No is the time for bon-bons, manicures and pedicures. Simple as that. (If only you could get up to get the bon-bons...we'd be alls set!) Hang in there, Chels!
Rachel
Post a Comment