
On another note...there have been a few changes in our lives that I thought might be noteworthy. First, Ty and I both started back up with school this semester. Ty's schedule is much more interesting for him I think, and I am LOVING my program. I get to read about a bazillion children's books (which I do anyway) and I get credit for it. I have yet to meet another student in my program exactly (most are Elementary ED) and so I get a little bit more attention from the professors which I enjoy maybe too much. One of my professors just asked me today to help present with her in a breakout session of the upcoming Children's Literature Festival in the end of February. I'm honored and excited for it. It feels good to be back in school and to have something to really focus on. Due to all the great books I get to read my Shelfari gadget down below might be entirely children's books for the next two years.

Second, we have moved apartments (we stayed in our same complex). There was a smoke issue with our neighbors in our old apartment and it became absolutely unbearable!!! My solution was to set fire to the management office...Ty took a more passive aggressive approach and just got us another place to live and then practically moved our entire apartment by himself (aside from the big furniture...thanks to Ryan, Ben, John, and Todd for all the help). After sleeping with our windows open and fans on for the past month, to help with the smell, I became massively sick and was in bed the entire weekend. I felt pretty bad as Ty made about a million trips back and forth with boxes but was so ill that feeling bad about not helping was about all I could do.
Third, although we have known for a little while, Ty and I have found out we are expecting again. I'm about 18 weeks. We haven't really told many people for several reasons but mainly because this has been really hard on me. It's what we wanted (and needed to know was possible) but it doesn't erase our last little one's presence in our lives. After the nightmare that happened last time with all the trauma and medical mistreatment, I'm finding that this pregnancy is totally different for me now and I'm trying to work through some of those fears and questions one day at a time. Also, I'm really sick. I think I underestimated the difficulty I would have being pregnant two times in one year. Pregnancy, we are finding, is just really really difficult on me physically. We are nervous and cautious but excited for the idea of finally having a baby in our home.
A part of my heart aches to write this because I know that there are a lot of friends out there who are still waiting for this, and have been waiting a lot longer than we have. One thing I have learned through all of this is that one persons good news is not always everyone's good news. I'm not sorry to be pregnant but I"m sorry that it will hurt for others to find this out. I know first hand how it feels to read every baby announcement and cry, wishing it was you.
We find out this week what the sex is and I will try to be more diligent in my blogging habits. As for our current little family, Noah is super excited to be a big brother. I'm trying to give him all the love and attention I can now because I think he might not like the fact that my lap has someone else in it in a few months. We will all adjust, I'm sure!

10 comments:
I'm way excited for all the events in your life. Keep me posted!
I just remembered how my cat didn't take to getting a new "sibling". When we got the dog she started to pee all over, hopefully Noah doesn't start to do that...
We love you and are looking forward to updates.
congratulation chelsea, i'm so happy for you. sorry you are sick that is now fun at all. keep me posted.
Congratulations on the new little one! I hope you feel better soon. I was so happy to read you are expecting again. Good luck with everything that is going on.
Wow!! Congratulations on your baby. I'm a total blog stalker so I am aware through your blog of how hard of a time you have had this past year. I hope everything goes well. I am glad you are enjoying school, too. I can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or girl!
- Sarah
Congratulations on the baby! We are so excited for you!
Yay! I'm so excited for you! I predict a boy. I can't believe you are taking on school at the same time! You are amazing. I'm glad you were able to get a new apartment. The other night I kindof went on a rampage about smoke in our apartment!Everytime the heater came on smoke kept coming into our apartment. I called the land lord and she kept saying it was weird because our vents shoudn't be connected to the other neighbors. Hmmm? I'm still suspicious! I had to open our door and turn on our fan and it was freezing! Our bathroom downstairs always smells too. Somehow the smoke smell is getting in!
I'm glad you were able to relax over New Years. Hope you get past the being sick part soon!
Congratulations!
oh Chels hooray. I'm so happy for you two. You totally deserve this. Congrats on going to back to school. That can't be easy with being pregnant and not feeling well. I can barely make it through school without being sick all the time! Good luck! I can't wait to see what you are having.
Well I am excited for you!! This will be life changing in such a good way. I hope you do ok with sick and school that was hard for me. I would puke in the parking lot and then walk into class, yuck! But who cares if you puke right? You get a beautiful baby in the end!
Congratulations on all things academic- but especially baby-wise! The Lord works in ways we may never understand! You will both be such wonderful parents! We love you.
Post a Comment