
Well...I finally heard back from Texas Tech concerning my graduate school application and I've been accepted!! For those of you who don't know, my program is Language Literacy Education, which basically deals with language development through literacy and reading. It was sort of a ridiculous couple of months trying to get my application reviewed before everyone took off for the holidays. Between my transcripts getting lost in the mail, one of the people writing my letter of recommendation forgetting to send it three times, and the graduate school changing their entire computer system and somehow locking my application within the depths of their old computer system for over a month, I finally got the wonderful people in my department to review my application.
It's still not for sure that I will be going this semester. Classes start on Wednesday and I have yet to register due to the holidays. But it's nice to know that I'm accepted and I can start anytime I'm ready. The whole process has been really long and strenuous for me. I thought doing the application alone might kill me. When I began filling out the application I wasn't even sure I would be ready to go come Spring (as I was still in pretty bad shape from the miscarriage) but I'm grateful that Tyler helped push me through it so that I would have the option. The holidays have been rough and I finally feel like I'm ready to take on something like this again.

8 comments:
congrats chelsea. sorry that the holidays were so hard on you. i'm always thinking of you.
Congratulations my dear! We're behind you 100%!
That's awesome. It will be good to get your mind off things. I'm still waiting to hear back from pharmacy school so I know how applications can be a pain. Congrats!
Congrats Chelsea! You'll do great!
Congratulations. That sounds like an amazing program and such an interesting field to go into. I would love to hear more about it!
- Sarah
Wow! You inspire me to go back to school!
Awesome Chelsea! I'm so glad this is working out for you, just thinking of going back to school makes me tired!!
Post a Comment