I am now here to say...I GIVE UP! I am the proud mama of a 100%, disgusting, snot encrusted "Booger Boy" of my own (hangs head in despair). When I so much as look at the tissue box he turns and runs, screaming bloody murder as if I had just chopped his nose off with a carving knife. Geeeeshhh! This lovely cold was brought on by teething (the blight of my life) and is hanging on trying to strangle any last bit of sanitary concern I have left. The first couple days he was so snugly and loving. Laying on me for hours just wanting to be held and sung to. Now...he's a little whirling dervish of terror and destruction who has been locked inside our apartment for far to long and therefore must invent new and exciting games to play to keep himself entertained as mom lies on the couch with the same cold and replays one of three Seseame Street DVD's over and over and over again every time Mr. O scratches out the word "street" in his horse little voice.
Through some miracle of motherhood though, I still like the kid. I mean he's pretty gross right now and he's more often crying than not because he feels so terrible and I myself feel pretty crappy too...but it never ceases to amaze me how cute he can be and after he FINALLY falls asleep at night and I'm looking down at his red little snot covered face laying peacefully in my arms how much I still love and adore my little Booger Boy.
"Ah Ha Mom, this is what I think of you're wretched tissues!"

4 comments:
I used to start many a sentences with 'I will never....' and my mom quickly let me know that I should stop because I WOULD eat my words. lol. She was right. But Mr. O sure is cute, snotty nosed or not ;)
Holy Cow!What happened to your baby? He is so grown up!! So cute!
Booger boy or not, he's still adorable and definitely my little man!
I still love your booger boy too! I just don't think a 6 year old should have a runny nose EVERY sunday! That's where I draw the line! I hope you both get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment