Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why do you have an alien head on your shirt?

Today O and I went to the park. We were enjoying the slides and swings and rock climbing wall and most of all the wood chips that covered the ground when a little boy walked up in front of me and said, "Why do you have a big alien head on your shirt?" The shirt I was wearing was one that we had bought as a sort of practical joke while in Roswell, NM a few months back. I had forgotten I was wearing it because I had a jacket on over it earlier but it was getting to hot to wear the jacket. I was already a bit embarrassed that I was in public with a lame alien shirt on...now this little 6 year old had to go and rub it in.
I launched into an explanation about Roswell, NM and the alien phenomenon when I quickly realized that was probably futile. He just kept standing there staring at me. He said, "The aliens eyes are REALLY big and weird!"
"Yep...sure are", I said. (Awkward silence).
He reemphasized his original opinion once again, "That shirts weird."

A little annoyed now I looked down and realized this kid was dressed in full out cowboy western garb from the leather fringed vest to the cowboy boots and I repressed my desire to say something like, "Dude, I'm not the one who's dressed like Will Rogers."

Luckily I'm more mature than that...

5 comments:

Katie said...

Such restraint-I totally would have said somethng! Abd I LOVE your alien shirts!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! That's really funny. Welcome back to Utah, by the way. I have to think anything's better than Texas (says the woman who just applied for a few jobs in Texas).

10zfam said...

lol- you are funny chelsea. love it

Nicholle said...

Hee hee, My boys would have thought it cool.

Shaun and Emily said...

That is hilarious. I love that story!