Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Exactly one year ago I was pacing the floor of our little apartment after already enduring almost 20 hours of labor. In one more hour Ty and I would be gathering our things and heading for the hospital, sure that the time was almost there for us to meet our little Mr. O (who was little Mr. X at that time because we were still undecided on a name). Little did we know that I still had almost 20 more hours of intense active labor to go because our little guy was not really all that little and was facing the wrong direction. Almost 40 hours from beginning to end, the labor seemed endless and brutal and I wasn't sure how much more I could take but when he finally slipped out and they laid him on my chest, I looked at his wrinkly little face and knew that I'd do it all over again just to have that moment one more time.

For those of you who don't know; my pregnancy, labor, and delivery were awful and relentless both physically and emotionally as we were still grieving from the loss of our first little baby only a year before. But when Oliver came into our lives he proved to be the best healing we could have ever asked for. In true form to his life in-vitro he's been a bit of a handful but he's ours and we love him. Happy Birthday my little squishy bear, we love you SOOO much...

6 comments:

Katie said...

Happy birthday to the little man that brings a smile to my face every time I see him. He's a blessing to the family and it wouldn't be the same without him. We love you, Oli!!!

Dana Family said...

Happy 1st Birthday!

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! I love how you wrote this. Women are so scared for the labor and delivery and I always say obviously it is worth it, no matter how terrible, because they do it again ;) He sure is a cutie!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Oliver!!

Marie Rose said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Oliver! I love his face!

Nicholle said...

Oh Happy Birthday we thought about you on your birthday. Hope the muffins went well.