I was almost a Food Network TV star!
Well, as I was saying, we were watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay when the location of the place he was featuring flashed on the screen saying "Austin Texas". I totally freaked out and quickly googled it. The name of the resturaunt was "Flip Happy Crepes". It seriously is a trailer run by two women who make the best crepes in the entire world. They totally beat Bobby at the throwdown. They have both savory and sweet crepes filled with the most wonderful ingredients like spinach, feta cheese, pulled pork, and many many other delicious items. Well I ask you, what are the odds of being in Austin Texas, watching Food Network, and seeing a restaurant that we were literally minutes away from? We HAD to go! And let me tell you it was well worth it. If you are ever in Austin you HAVE to stop by this place. It has some serious character and some even more serious crepes.
I have now started a new fetish with crepes. Keep a look out here for the outcome of this new cuisine delicacy! My only regret is that when Nessa, the part owner of Flip Happy Crepes and Food Network star extraordinaire, came over to talk to Oliver (I tell you this kid is a friend magnet!) He was so shocked and in awe of her great crepe talent that he was struck speechless. Poor kid, I'm not sure he will ever fully recover.

6 comments:
Oh my goodness. I think I want to drive to Austin. I give you permission to test your crepes out on me if you start making them.
I'm a Food Network junkie too. It is a good thing that we are too poor for cable. I've been working on crepes too and I can finally flip them without a spatula. Well, I guess that I can flip them successfully about half the time but it is much more fun that way.
Looks delicious! Who knew you can eat crepes so many ways. I may have to experiment with crepe making myself...stay tuned.
I am also a FN junkie. Luckily we also don't have tv. So I just watch it at my mom's. My whole family loves that channel. We actually try and hit up places mentioned when we go on vacation. That is right. We plan it around food. lol. That crepe looks delish!
So um I've never watched Food Network...oh well, I think I'll be ok. The crepes looked good though.
Oliver is getting so big I can't believe it! He is darling! We also love the food network. I have yet to perfect the crepe making but they look delicous. How fun you got to go to the featured restaurant!
Post a Comment