Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oh boy!

Well the day we've been waiting for finally came. We had our ultrasound last Thursday and found out that Noah is going to be a big brother to a little baby boy. We are excited to finally know. I think my biggest pet-peeve in the entire world has become calling my baby "it". So now our little one is officially a "he".

I have to admit a boy scares me a bit. I'm so used to girls...I don't exactly know what to do with a boy...my first memory of a my nephew Enoch is him being changed on my bed after his blessing and he began to pee. It was like a fountain! I remember being shocked that little boys could do that. This is going to take some getting used to, but we are happy none-the-less. We had about a bajillion girl names and only one or two boy ones so now we are taking any suggestions on names that any of you might have. I think that we are going to sign him up for synchronized swimming classes as soon as he's born because he's been so active lately. It seems like he's jumping up and down and doing flips inside of me all the time and it makes me so nauseous when he gets like that. I've tried talking with him about it but he just doesn't seem to listen to me. I'm not sure how he has the room to move around that much...I'm almost 6 months and I'm still hardly showing at all. We went to the doctor for our 5 month appointment and I was down another lb. But the ultrasound said that the baby was right on track- 15 oZ- so I guess my weight isn't really affecting him...thank goodness. So...hopefully everything is going well.


His little face and arms.

It's a boy!

A foot

11 comments:

Melinda said...

I had a really hard time gaining weight too. My doctor went through my diet a couple of times to make sure I was eating, but Raina was always still growing, so it was ok. I'm sure everything is fine.

Although it makes you sick, enjoy those wiggles. I didn't get to very much because Raina ran out of room and literally couldn't move. Sam didn't get to feel kicks very much and neither did I - something I feel I missed out on a little.

Nicholle said...

Yes, the peeing thing is a bit annoying, and even as big boys the pee tends to get places other then the toilet. But boys are great! For one thing giving them haircuts is a lot easier.

I'm a little scared for the teenage girl thing.

Coleen Ure said...

Congrats you guys! I was intimidated when I found out our first was a boy because I have 5 sisters and am so used to girls, but boys are the best. So sweet. You'll love it so much. Good luck thinking of names, that is tough.

The Killer Bunch said...

Yipee! All us Hutchiby's cheered at the birthday dinner on Sunday when Judy told us the gender. We are looking forward to seeing you guys soon. And to calm your nerves I want you to know that little boys are REALLY fun to have. He'll melt your heart.

Melissa Post said...

Congradulations! I am so excited you are having a boy! They are a lot of fun. I'm sure you'll figure out quick what to do with a boy! Good luck with everything!

10zfam said...

yeah, how exciting, i love the ultrasound pics.

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to add another little boy to the extended Whitby family. I tell you those Whitby boys like having boys. Little boys really are so fun and you will learn how to handle him one day at a time. Thank goodness.

The Wilson Family said...

Chelsea get used to him not listening it just gets you ready for when he's 1 and 2 and 3!! A boy scared me too when I had Brennen but they're a breeze just watch out for the pee!! I am so excited you'll love it! Is will bring a list of boy names pre approved by Kurt (he says he's the expert..) to your shower!! HOORAY for a boy!!

Marie Rose said...

Fun! I'm so excited for you. Boys are easy...no biggy. I take care for 5 of them and let me tell you...it's WAY easier than 5 girls. I wish I could help you out in the name department but I'm in the same boat. When I finally have kids I've already named all the girls but the boys...I dont have a clue.

Katie said...

I thought of another one...Darian. It's original. Also Dane is one of my favs! We're so excited for you guys!

Shaun and Emily said...

Love the post. I think he kindof looks like you and kindof looks like Tyler too. Alexis was really active when I was pregnant she moved constantly. Well- no change she is still constantly on the move! I wish I wasn't showing- I feel huge already! Oh well. I'm more glad i'm not sick all the time.(: If we have a boy I'm a litle worried about the peeing thing too!