Saturday, May 29, 2010

Texas Vacation Extraordinaire:San Antonio

Since moving to the great state of Texas two years ago Tyler and I have been wanting to go experience more of Texas than just the city of Lubbock. As much as we love this little town of ours we have heard time and time again that the rest of Texas is much different than the panhandle area. Since Ty graduated and I don't start classes for another week we had a small window of opportunity to do our first family vacation together since Mr. O has joined us. It was fabulous to spend a week with my men. We went to San Antonio and Austin.

The River Walk
Vacations are a bit different than they used to be. Instead of waking up at 5:30am, leaving the hotel at 5:45am, and pounding out as many sites as one can possibly fit in we woke around 8:30 or 9:00 and most days didn't actually leave the hotel until 11 or 12. You wouldn't think one little one would take so much time to get ready but somehow he does. It was all sorts of wonderful though. I think Mr. O really enjoyed the sites and I know he enjoyed the attention. Maybe it's normal but I swear Oliver gets everyone and anyone to talk with him. He's quite the social butterfly. Ty and I would be talking to each other only to hear laughter and giggles and then we would turn and see Oliver entertaining passer-by-ers with his cute smiles and funny antics. Here are some fun pictures of the trip.

What a great ride!
Looking at the fountain and pigeons
Do you "remember the Alamo"?
No vacation is complete without a swim

No comments: